Saturday, February 26, 2022

February Reading Wrap-Up


 We have had very little snow in February.  The temperatures have been up and down.  The sun is coming up earlier and setting later.  Most mornings, even those that have been below zero, there is a flock of robins in one of our crabapple trees.  I think spring is on the way!

As for reading, I read 9 books.  Here's the breakdown:

Historical fiction: 2

Mystery: 2

Fiction: 1

Cozy Mystery: 2

Nonfiction: 1

Children's Fiction: 1

Clicking on the link will take you to my review of the book.

Historical Fiction:

Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing #3)









Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing #3) by Lauraine Snelling 

Until Leaves Fall in Paris















Mystery: 

A Rogue's Company (Sparks & Bainbridge Mystery, #3)














A Trail of Lies (Jazz Ramsey #3)

A Trail of Lies (Jazz Ramsey #3) by Kylie Logan (review coming soon)

Fiction:

The Cat Who Saved Books














Cozy Mystery:

Dead Wrong (Agatha's Amish B&B #1)














In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #6)














Nonfiction:

Own Your Life: How to Grow a Legacy of Faith, Love, and Spiritual Influence














Children's Fiction:

The Voyage of the “Dawn Treader” (The Chronicles of Narnia, #3)

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia Book 3) by C.S. Lewis (review coming soon)

Movie:

We were able to see the new Death on the Nile.  The cinematography and costuming were beautiful.  Unfortunately, we were left feeling disappointed.  Poirot wasn't the Poirot that I know.  Too little time was spent on solving the mystery, which is really the very best part.  Along with a few changes to characters, we would rather watch the 1978 version.

I hope you all had a great reading month!

~ Gretchen



I am linking up with The Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. 


I'm also linking up with The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb @ Readerbuzz.


29 comments:

  1. Good morning. Thanks for your comment on the new Death On the Nile. I've been thinking of seeing it. I'm not sure I really want to. Your comment helps.
    Good reading in February! 🙂📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my comment helped! Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Until Leaves Fall in Paris is a book I immediately noticed...I can't seem to resist anything set in Paris.

    I've been curious about the new movie. My husband loves Agatha Christie, but he tends to prefer movies made in the past to remakes.

    We feel like spring is coming soon here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until Leaves Fall in Paris was a great book giving the reader an interesting look at Paris during the German occupation.

    I have a feeling that if your husband prefers Agatha Christie movies made in the past that he might feel a bit let down by the new movie.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched the David Suchet version of Death on the Nile (after trying unsuccessfully to find the 1978 Peter Ustinoff one). It was fun. For me, Suchet IS Poirot! Other reviewers I've read seem to agree with you about the new one.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Suchet is my favorite. I agree, to me he IS Poirot.

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of great reading!! Sorry the movie was disappointing. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a nice and varied reading month; I haven't read any of these books but The Cat Who Save Books is on my TBR. Hope March is a good month for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cat Who Saved Books is a good one. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen the earlier version of the film Death on the Nile, but did enjoy the views of the Nile and the colossal figures of the Pharoahs in the new movie. I felt the movie was worth seeing for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The views of the Nile and the Pharoahs were amazing.

      Delete
  8. So many diverse books you've read. Thanks for your opinion of the new version of Death on the Nile. I'm sure the scenery was stunning. We haven't gone to a theater though in two years so not sure if I'll catch this one unless it comes to streaming. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time we had been to the theater in two years also. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  9. I've noticed more birds around here, too. It's still below freezing most days, but the birds seem to think spring will be here soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you were disappointed with Death on the Nile. I'll probably watch it, but it won't be for awhile. You had a great February for reading. I hope March is a good month too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death on the Nile is definitely worth seeing. Have a good week!

      Delete
  11. Interesting reads, going to check some of them out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you find something you enjoy.

      Delete
  12. Is it's not Suchet I won't watch it. lol

    That picture of the sun is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand about Suchet! 🙂 We have really had some beautiful sunsets this winter.

      Delete
  13. I've been curious about Death on the Nile! It sure does look really visually stunning. I've never seen the 1978 version; perhaps I should watch that one as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was definitely visually stunning. Watching them both is definitely advised 🙂.

      Delete
  14. I am amused that so many comments on Death on the Nile. I think it is a reflection of how many people love Agatha Christie books. (And I am one of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, good to know about the new Death on the Nile!
    Natsukawa's is on my TBR!
    In Illinois, most robins migrate, but a bunch stay here. However, I have heard some sing like in Spring, so it's hopeful, though we probably still have many weeks to wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We probably have many weeks to wait as well, but the signs of spring are hopeful! I hope you enjoy The Cat Who Saved Books when you get to it.

      Delete