Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Visual Theology 2020 Christian Reading Challenge


The Visual Theology 2020 Christian Reading Challenge is hosted by Tim Challies at his website.  It is composed of 4 lists of books,  which you are meant to move through progressively.  

There are several levels to the challenge:

*The Light Reader - with a goal of 13 books
*The Avid Reader - with a goal of 26 books
*The Committed Reader - with a goal of 52 books
*The Obsessed Reader - with a goal of 104 books

Reading Challenge 2020

I have participated in this challenge for several years and usually just use it to see where my reading takes me by seeing if the books I am reading fit into the categories.  However, this year I am planning to complete the Light Reader list and then see where my reading takes me.  If you would like to join the challenge, click the link above to get a copy of the list.  I will record the books I read for the Light Reader list below.

1. A book recommended by someone else - Still Life by Louise Penny
4. A book about history - Safe Passage by Ida Cook
5. A book targeted at your gender - Two Steps Forward 
6. A book about Christian living - Counter Culture
7. A book with at least 300 pages - Death on the Nile
8. A book about theology - The Great Divorce
9. A book from a "best of 2019" list - The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel
10. A book more than 150 years old - The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare
11. A book on the ECPA Bestseller List - The Fifth Avenue Story Society
12. A biography for children or teens - The Story of Edith Cavell
13. A book of your choice -  Cape Light

No comments:

Post a Comment