Thursday, March 2, 2023

February Reading Wrap-Up

 




While this is the February Reading Wrap-Up, I didn't get around to doing a Wrap-Up in January because my husband and I did some traveling.  Part of our trip included a seven-day cruise to the Western Caribbean and Mexico.  The picture above is me standing on the beach in Roaton, Honduras.  That is our cruise ship you can see docked there.  

Back at home, the month of February has been an icy, snowy one.  Many days I have either had to skip my daily walk or drive to the mall and walk there because of the ice.  

February was a great reading month for me though.  I read 10 books, with three five-star reads.  

Here's the breakdown:

Historical Fiction: 2
Romantic Suspense: 1
Cozy Mystery: 2
Classic: 1
Non-fiction: 2
Contemporary Romance: 1
Mystery: 1

The link will take you to my review.

Historical Fiction: 






Romantic Suspense:



Cozy Mystery:




Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote #10) by Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain

Classic:




Non-Fiction:


The Silhouette Solution by Brenda Cooper


The Ragamuffin Gospel by Bennan Manning

Contemporary Romance:


Mystery:


All That is Secret (Annalee Spain #1) by Patricia Raybon - 5 stars (review coming soon)


Hope you all have had a great February! 
~ Gretchen



I am linking up with The Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. 








24 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was a monthly wrap up! Cool! You had a great reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lovely mix. I hope March offers you lots of great reading too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice reading and a great cruise! Katies Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Kathy! We had a great time on our cruise. It was nice to get away from the snow and cold for a little while.

      Delete
  4. Wow - February looks like a great reading month for you. I can't think of a time I was lucky enough to read 3 5-star books in a month! We've been to Roatan and that beach- it's a stunning beach; a beautiful stop on the cruise. Did you stop in Belize as well? HOT! we did a Mayan temple tour and it was freakin' HOT but the temples were very cool.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't stop in Belize, but did stop in Costa Maya, Mexico and toured some Mayan ruins there. The temperatures were only in the low 80's, but it was humid. The beach in Roatan was our favorite stop.

      Delete
  5. You had such a fantastic reading month!

    And doesn't traveling sound lovely?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't decided if a cruise would suit us or not. Maybe one of these days, we can go to the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like cruises, but not everyone does. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love cruising! I'm hoping to go on another one soon. Looks like February was a great reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne - we love cruising too! February was a good reading month.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photo - the water is such a lovely color! I've been meaning to read Ballet Shoes for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was such a beautiful color there, so different from the Gulf. I loved Ballet Shoes.

      Delete
  9. You had a great month of reading. Those blue waters look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really read a lot of books! Travel has distracted me from reading much lately.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! Travel often does that to me as well.

      Delete
  11. That ship is pretty massive! And the beach very nice. I hope you had an excellent time. I put Ballet Shoes on my list ... as I was curious about that one. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ship was massive. We had a wonderful time and will cruise again. Enjoy Ballet Shoes!

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful picture of the ocean and your cruise ship. I'm sure it was a wonderful getaway from the snow and cold. Back when you posted your review on Ballet Shoes, I investigated and wondered how I missed this author when I was younger. He was prolific. I look forward to reading it. (lghiggins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! It was wonderful to get away from the snow and cold for a while. I hope you enjoy Ballet Shoes when you get around to reading it.

      Delete