Monday, October 31, 2022

October Reading Wrap-Up


Our October has been all over the place as far as weather goes.  We have had highs in the 40's and highs near 80 and everything in between.  One thing we have not had much of is rain.  Right now, the leaves are falling like rain.  Soon the trees will be bare.  

As far as reading goes, I read 7 books in October.  Here's the breakdown:

Mystery:  3
Historical Fiction: 1
Christian Fiction: 2
Classic: 1

The links will take you to my review.

Mystery:







A Tourist's Guide to Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #6)




Historical Fiction:



Christian Fiction:

Tending Roses (Tending Roses #1)


Autumn by the Sea (Muir Harbor #1)

Autumn by the Sea (Muir Harbor #1) by Melissa Tagg (review coming soon)


Classics:

Dracula



I have also been reading some picture books, mostly from the Mr. Putter & Tabby series by Cynthia Rylant.  Here's the latest one I read:

Mr. Putter & Tabby Stir the Soup


I hope you've had a good October and were able to curl up with some good books!

~ Gretchen




I am linking up with The Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. 










 

18 comments:

  1. Hot and Sour Suspects looks like a good foodie mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a unique series with the focus on Chinese cuisine.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great reading month! I have the Lisa Wingate one and haven't read it yet, Melissa's is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy - Those were both great books! You have some good reading ahead.

      Delete
  3. There some good books here. I like the title A Tourist Guide to Murder.
    Have a great November reading month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! I hope your November is a good one!

      Delete
  4. You had a good reading month. We had a lot of leaves on the ground but then it snowed yesterday. Happy raking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been many years when we had snow before we can finish raking. Hopefully your snow will melt soon!

      Delete
  5. I think it has been a funny weather year for a lot of people! I just try to appreciate whatever we have knowing that none of it stays forever. That tree is gorgeous! (lghiggins)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda - I think that is a great attitude to have!

      Delete
  6. Chien's book sounds fun, and I like the cover and title! Enjoy your November reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! I do enjoy The Noodle Shop series.

      Delete
  7. A good mix of books & genres which hopefully means a good reading month! That first one looks interesting. visiting from monthly wrap up -
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did have a great reading month! Because I Could Not Stop for Death was a good one. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the cozy mystery titles! Yeah, we had the crazy weather in October, and still having it this first week of November, in the 80s a few days! Hope your November is going okay so far!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - we are still having crazy weather too. Looks like it will get back to normal in the next few days. Have a good November!

      Delete
  10. Nice wrap-up. Cozy mysteries are always fun to read.
    Have a great November reading month.

    My Wrap up

    ReplyDelete