Friday, April 1, 2022

March Reading Wrap-Up

 


The month of March found me doing more traveling than reading.  My husband and I were able to take a trip that involved flying, driving, sightseeing and visiting.  We flew to Phoenix where we spent a couple of days with my mom and helped her close up her place for the summer.  She joined us as we drove her car from Phoenix to Utah.  What a beautiful drive that is!  We passed through the Sonoran Desert which was thick with Saguaro Cactus, then up into the pine forest region near Flagstaff.  From there our journey took us through the Navajo Nation and the Painted Desert.  Finally, we passed through the Bryce Canyon area of southern Utah with its red rock hoodoos (rock shaped spire formations). We spent several days in the Ogden area visiting our son.  Then it was the long drive back to Minnesota and Wisconsin.  We were fortunate that we had good driving weather.  

Unfortunately, I didn't do much reading when we are traveling.  For the month of March I read 7 books.  Here's the breakdown:

Mystery: 1
Cozy Mystery: 3
Suspense: 1
Non-fiction: 1
Christian Fiction: 1

Click on the link to see my review.

Mystery:

The Big Four















Cozy Mystery:

Arsenic and Adobo (Tita Rosie's Kitchen Mystery, #1)














The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)














Plain Deception (Amish Inn Mysteries, # 2)

Plain Deception (Amish Inn Mysteries #2) by Tara Randel - review coming soon

Suspense:

Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps Book #2)














Non-fiction:

For Such a Time as This: My Faith Journey through the White House and Beyond














Christian Fiction:

Dearest Dorothy, Are We There Yet? (Dearest Dorothy, #1)















I hope you all had a great March!

~ Gretchen



I am linking up with The Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. 


I'm also linking up with The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb @ Readerbuzz.

36 comments:

  1. Wow! You certainly had a beautiful trip. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Even though you didn't get to read much it still sounds like a great month. I love traveling.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ash! We did have a great month. Traveling always makes coming home and reading so much better 🙂.

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous of all your travels! Sounds like you had a fabulous month.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I've never been to any of those States - gorgeous photo! Haven't read any of those books but they look interesting. Happy April reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bev! We had a great trip and feel very blessed to have been able to take it.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great month of reading. It is harder to read when traveling unless you like audio books, and your car mates do as well, LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, my usual car mate doesn't like audio books and I can't read in the car because I get car sick. But, the fun of traveling makes up for it 🙂.

      Delete
  6. Nice variety! I enjoyed the one by Agatha Christie. Enjoy your April reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! The Big Four was enjoyable, even if it was a bit unusual.

      Delete
  7. You traveled widely to some of my favorite places, including Bryce Canyon, and you visited with your mom and your son...I think you had a fantastic March.

    Arsenic and Adobo looks really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a fantastic March! If you get a chance to read it, Arsenic and Adobo was really good.

      Delete
  8. That drive is beautiful. But yeah, being with family means less reading time. It's a good problem to have, but it's still a problem when you have books you are dying to read. I had a family vacation this month, and it took away some of my reading time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel out of sorts when I am not reading, but it always feels good to get home and back to routine.

      Delete
  9. Arizona and Utah are beautiful states. I love how varied the landscapes are. You can drive an hour and see something totally different from where you started. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love how varied the landscapes are! It really is amazing.

      Delete
  10. Your travels sounded like so much fun, and the photo is stunning! Arsenic and Adobo sounds like a cute cozy. Have a good reading week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia! Arsenic and Adobo was a good one.

      Delete
  11. A lot of people have been talking about Arsenic and Adobo. Sounds great. Arizona looks great as well. My Uber clients like to talk about how its a Transient state(sp?) and how people like to compete with one another to stay in shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting! I guess that makes sense since the weather is so nice year round.

      Delete
  12. Your trip sounds amazing, and spending time with family is a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending time with family is always so wonderful!

      Delete
  13. Your travels sound wonderful! I enjoyed Arsenic and Adobo.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your situation mirrors mine! I'm glad you got to take this great trip and visit with family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gretchen, glad you were able to travel a bit and spend some time with your mom as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! It is always great to spend time with family.

      Delete
  16. SO jealous! That sounds like a wonderful vacation!
    You got some great reading done this month, as well! Hope you have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! We really enjoyed our trip.

      Delete
  17. It is a beautiful drive. I am glad you had a nice vacation! I enjoyed Arsenic and Adobo and am looking forward to reading the sequel. Take care and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to Arsenic and Adobo as well!

      Delete
  18. Your trip sounds lovely! I have made that drive once (well- until Utah, anyway, then had to head east), and my only regret is that I wish I'd stopped more to really take the time to see it all. It's so beautiful, so varied. Hope you are having a wonderful April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have time to stop much either. But, driving through such beauty for hours on end did help it sink in.

      Have a great April!

      Delete