Thursday, January 30, 2020

January Reading Wrap-up

My reading year is off to a good start with 10 books read in January from a variety of genres.  I was able to cover some categories from my challenges as well as read on a whim.  Here are the genres I read from:

Mystery: 3
Historical fiction: 2
Romantic Comedy: 1
Classics: 1
Non-fiction: 1
Thriller/Suspense: 2

My favorites were:

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17)











Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie


 The House on Foster Hill

The House on Foster Hill by Jamie Jo Wright


Image result for The Dating Charade

The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson

 
The majority of my reading came from the library, which is typical for me.  Somehow, when I buy a book for my own shelves, that virtually guarantees I won't read it.  The allure of roaming a building full of books, pulling books off the shelf to look at and bringing home whatever I want for free wins out over selecting a book from my own shelves.  I have become very intentional with my book buying and would like to cultivate the habit of reading my new purchases before buying more.  Except for the ones that I have already read and would just like a copy of to reread at a future date or the ones that I am adding to a collection or the ones I just don't feel like reading right now...  So you see the problem I run into.  I purchased several new books in December and received some for Christmas.  I have not read any of them yet and would like to read at least one in the month of February.

Also in February I would like to read a biography or memoir and a children's book.  Other than that, I hope to cover some more categories from my challenges as well as read serendipitously.

How was your January reading?  What do you hope to read in February?





















No comments:

Post a Comment