Friday, July 29, 2022

July Reading Wrap-Up

 


I hope you are all having a great summer.  Ours has been full of bridal showers, weddings, projects, visits with family and some gardening.  However, the gardening has not gone well.  It has been very dry and we are overrun with rabbits and deer, even though our garden is fenced.  It is looking like I will get some tomatoes, but not much else.  The hydrangeas above are from my yard.  I was so surprised to see the beautiful blossoms after the deer ate the plant almost to the ground over the winter.  Even with everything going on, I did read some good books in July.  Here's the breakdown:

Fiction: 3
Mystery: 3
Non-fiction: 1
Romantic Suspense: 1

Fiction:

Passing



The Summer Book















Ordinary Grace
















Mystery:

The Key to Deceit (Electra McDonnell, #2)















Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)














Blue Shoes and Happiness (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #7)


Blue Shoes and Happiness (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency #7) by Alexander McCall Smith



Non-fiction:

The Mockingbird Next Door: Life with Harper Lee















Romantic Suspense:

Sunburst (Sky King Ranch #2)















I hope your July has been a good one and you have found lots of time to read!

~ Gretchen





I am linking up with The Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight. 


I'm also linking up with The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb @ Readerbuzz.











24 comments:

  1. The flowers are wonderful! Here's to a great August! Katies Cottage Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hydrangea blooms. I need some deer to eat my bushes down so they will grow back like yours, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I guess that it would be helpful to cut them way back. I had no idea!

      Delete
  4. Wow. Those hydrangeas are stunning. Amazing that they did so well after being eaten by the deer.

    You read some good books this month. I enjoyed Blue Shoes and Happiness as well as Ordinary Grace and The Summer Book. You've reminded me that I haven't read any of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective series in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been slowly reading the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency books too. I'd like to try to read through them a bit faster.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had an enjoyable and varied reading month! I looked at your review for Mockingbird and it sounds quite good. Think I'll add it to my list.
    here's me: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mockingbird was good! I hope you are able to get your hands on a copy.

      Delete
  6. Gretchen, your hydrangeas are lovely; we had deep purple ones at our other home which were beautiful. We gave some here to - mostly light pink and dark pink and then a lacy one with blues and pinks. As for books: I loved Ordinary Grace and I have The Summer Book which I have been meaning to read. Hope you have a good week -- and rain. We did get nearly 2" one night last week which helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I would love to add a bush with purple hydrangeas to our yard. They are so pretty. We are definitely hoping for some rain too.

      Delete
  7. Great fiction choices this month. I enjoyed both Passing and Ordinary Grace, and have had The Summer Book on my tbr list for years. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Summer Book was on my tbr for quite a while too. I am glad I finally got to it.

      Delete
  8. I read Passing a few years ago and loved it! I've added The Summer Book to my TBR list, I love the cover and the synopsis.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, The Summer Book was so good! I hope you are able to get ahold of a copy.

      Delete
  9. You had a great month. I want to read the Murder She Wrote book. I read one and really enjoyed it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your garden. We have a bird feeder and rabbits love to come under and eat whatever bird sees fall. And they ignore my garden, so maybe that's the trick!
    Sounds like you had a great reading month however, I wish you the same for August

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting about the rabbits. Maybe I need to add a bird feeder to my yard!

      Delete
  11. Wow your hydrangeas are nice. I never can get them pink -- always purple/blue. You had a good reading month. I read the Passing last year ... and saw the movie. Have you seen it? cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie. I would like to though now that I have read the book.

      Delete
  12. It sounds like a busy month. We have deer in northern NM too and during hard years they eat things they might otherwise turn up their noses at. Enjoy your tomatoes! (lghiggins)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those hydrangeas are so pretty.
    Have a great August reading month.

    ReplyDelete