Sunday, May 16, 2021

Library Loot and Spring in My Yard

 


Between COVID and remodeling our library has not been open for browsing for over a year.  This week they opened in a temporary location with walk-in hours!  I was ridiculously excited to visit the library and wander the rows of books.  Here's what I checked out:

The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin

Bookmarked for Murder (Mystery Bookshop Series #5) by V. M. Burns

The Secrets of Bones (Jazz Ramsey #2) by Kylie Logan

goodbye, things by Fumio Sasaki

I am currently reading and enjoying The Last Bookshop in London.


Spring has arrived in earnest and I thought I would share some pictures of what has been happening in  my yard.  Above is a new bird bath we acquired this year.  Those are a pair of House Finches perched on the edge.  The male has quite a bit of red on his head and breast, which is difficult to see in the picture.



Our Crabapple Tree is in full blossom, but because we have had such dry weather, the blossoms are not as full as they have been.  This tree is in our backyard.  We also have two Crabs on our boulevard that are light pink, as do the neighbors on both sides of us.  We have several Bleeding Heart plants in our backyard as well.  They are so pretty while they last.


Last week while eating breakfast one morning, I spotted this Red Fox in my backyard.  In this picture he is close to my deck and I imagine he had caught a whiff of the rabbit family that lives underneath.  It is rare to spot a Red Fox as they are generally nocturnal.  

That is what has been going on in my yard this spring.  Our son's wedding is about a week away!  Things will probably be a little quiet around here for a couple of weeks.

Hope you are all enjoying spring wherever you are!

~ Gretchen










3 comments:

  1. Love the sighting of the fox! And congratulations to your son on his marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! The fox was definitely a surprise!

      Delete