Saturday, February 29, 2020

February Reading Wrap-up

In the month of February I read 9 books and did not finish (DNF) 2.  My goals for February were to read at least one book from my own shelves, a biography or memoir and a children's book.  I met all three goals!

Here are the genres I read from:

Mystery:  3
Amish Fiction:  1
Biography/Memoir:  1
Southern Fiction: 1
Children's Fiction:  2
Inspirational Contemporary Romance:  1

Books from the library:  6
Audiobooks: 1
Books from my shelves:  2

My favorites were:

Two Steps Forward
Two Steps Forward by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Pollyanna (Pollyanna, #1)
Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter

The Saturday Night Supper Club (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #1)

The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano


The two I did not finish were:

A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle - it was too disorderly and I wasn't connecting with it

Atonement by Ian McEwan - it was beautifully written, but contained content inappropriate for me

I always give a book at least 50 pages before deciding whether to abandon it.  I did that in both of these cases.  It is always frustrating to abandon a book after having invested some time in it, but there are so many books to read that I have realized it is actually wise to not finish a book if it is not working for me.  Also, even if I abandon it, I have experienced it for myself and come to my own conclusion rather than relying on the opinions of others.

The two books I read from my own shelves were Delta Wedding and Pollyanna.  My husband and I took a trip to Phoenix and these were the books I brought along.

For the month of March I have no goals other than to keep reading.  I am co-teaching a homeschool literature class and will be reading/re-reading four books for that.  For any other reading I do, I will just see what I am in the mood for.

How was your reading February?


No comments:

Post a Comment